Are you in the mood for a juicy and perfectly seared steak? Look no further than this Pan Seared Steak recipe. With a few simple ingredients and a hot skillet, you can create a mouthwatering steak dinner that’s sure to impress. This cooking method locks in the flavors and creates a beautiful crust on the outside of the steak while keeping the inside tender and juicy. Whether you’re looking to impress guests or just treat yourself, this recipe is the perfect way to elevate your steak game. Let’s get cooking!
- Pat dry – use paper towels to pat the steaks dry to get a perfect sear and reduce oil splatter.
- Season generously – just before cooking steaks, sprinkle both sides liberally with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the pan on medium and brush with oil. Using just 1/2 Tbsp oil reduces splatter.
- Sear steaks – add steaks and sear each side 3-4 minutes until a brown crust has formed then use tongs to turn steaks on their sides and sear edges (1 min per edge).
- Add butter and aromatics – melt in butter with quartered garlic cloves and rosemary sprigs. Tilt pan to spoon garlic butter over steaks and cook to your desired doneness (see chart below).
- Remove steak and rest 10 minutes before slicing against the grain.